Thursday, April 8, 2010

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you...

Yes, I am of course referring to my 'top secret' project that I mentioned in a blog last year.

This is, in fact, the premise for an 8-episode TV drama that I developed and was pitched to RTE before Christmas.

Basically, I wrote the show after a drunken conversation with an ex-colleague during which we agreed that a lot of our experiences and the people we we worked with / for over the last few years would make fabulous storylines and characters in a movie or TV show.

So the TV Show 'Square One' was born! In short, it is about a Dublin design practice struggling through the recession.

After spending three months writing a treatment, character biogs and a first-episode script, I sent it (very tongue-in-cheek) to both a TV production company and a director.

Miraculously, both the producer and director were very enthusiastic about it and after I had a meeting with the producer, he pitched it to our national broadcaster. They went away and thought about it over the Christmas but decided, in the new year, to pass on it. Ah well....

I do have a plan to develop it an Internet-TV series at the moment, have been discussing this relatively-new format with a few people-in-the-know and it looks like it might have legs. The format will probably need to change a bit, which I will be looking at over the next few weeks.

Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Keep my fingers crossed for you. With your energy, it just HAS to work.

    ReplyDelete